the world spins madly on
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHATBOX

CREDITS
thanks to sky for a gorgeous skin, tori for a beautiful header and all the other helping hands for their amazing support in the forum making process! other credits also go to maia for the forum idea and forum members for their help in keeping this forum alive.

beach

3 posters

Go down

beach Empty beach

Objavlja by maia! Pet Jan 10, 2014 7:13 pm

&

beach Best-beaches-in-californ

maia!
maia!
staff
staff

Število prispevkov : 166

https://worldspinsmadly.slovenianforum.com

Nazaj na vrh Go down

beach Empty Re: beach

Objavlja by victor a. olivera Ned Jan 19, 2014 11:10 am

he was wandering around restlessly. he was like that ever since that fight with cora and he couldn’t really stay in the apartment for long. he felt weird there lately and he had to get out. he usually found himself walking around the city with an empty stare. he had his notebook with him at all times, but he couldn’t make himself write. that was the thing he despised the most: he always wanted to write, but his inspiration was gone. the more he was trying to put something on the paper, the worse he felt. it was a vicious circle and he hated it. he stopped walking and looked around. he was on the beach. it was getting late and it was quite empty and he liked that.

he knew he had to stop feeling sorry for himself. he was a wreck when he wasn’t able to write and he never liked that. but then a blonde caught his attention. she was walking towards him, obviously lost in her thoughts. he would usually leave her alone, but there was something oddly familiar about her and he frowned while looking at her. those eyes and the blonde hair… it couldn’t be! but he didn’t hesitate; he spoke when she was near enough: ”grace?” he didn’t see her – well, for a very long time, but he recognized her immediately. there was something special about her. he never had a change to look into it because it seemed either inappropriate or just plain weird, but he was looking at her now and he could feel his lips form a smile – first one this day. ”I didn’t see you in ages,” he said and caught himself thinking how wonderful she looked. ”my god, you are…” he had to stop himself before he could tell her that she is beautiful. it didn’t seem right, even though a part of him was longing to say that. ”it is nice to see you again,” he said instead and smiled at her.

victor a. olivera
victor a. olivera
university professor
university professor

Število prispevkov : 50

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by grace v. daniels Ned Jan 19, 2014 1:51 pm

beach Dfg

ocean made her feel at ease. the gentle sound of waves spilling over rocks in the distance calmed her. if it wouldn’t be january, she’d be walking bare feet. running even. sand sipping through her toes, hair whipping in the wind, lips forming an effortless smile. maybe she should start running again, jogging. buy herself a pair of yoga pants and a white t-shirt, come here every morning and run down the beach. perhaps it would make her feel better. it has been two weeks since she last stood at an airport. there was summer in new zealand. there was summer in australia. in south african republic. there was so many places in the world where she could be right now. yet she chose to stay.

she started walking again and buried her hands inside the deep pocket of her woollen cardigan. she forced herself to move her gaze away from the soothing ocean, down to the sand beneath her pink flowery plimsolls. she wasn’t the only one trying to calm her soul on the beach this evening. a tall figure was walking towards her and she was ready to avert her eyes the other way if the person hadn’t spoken her name when only a few meters stood between them. she stopped still, her forehead forming a frown. ‘’yes?’’ she spoke up with uncertainty and made those few steps towards the man. and now knew why his voice held a tang of familiarity. but it’s been fifteen years since she actually talked to anyone from her hometown. she most certainly did not expect to encounter victor olivera this soon. or at all.

‘’oh. hi,’’ she quickly corrected herself and made the last few steps towards him. ‘’I am sorry. I almost couldn’t have recognized you,’’ she explained her previously hesitant approach and then looked up to him. dark olive skin, black hair, intense eyes. in a way he was the same. but last time she saw him, he was twenty one years old. in a way they were all still kids back then. even if they all were married. ‘’well it’s been a while. I haven’t been around much since… fifteen years actually,’’ she left the first sentence simply hanging there between them. since the wedding, since the sudden departure, since her turning out to be a major disappointment. ‘’you too…’’ she nodded slowly and then averted conversation away from herself: ‘’so how have you been? how’s emma?’’
grace v. daniels
grace v. daniels
tourist guide
tourist guide

Število prispevkov : 18

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by victor a. olivera Ned Jan 19, 2014 2:15 pm

she didn’t recognize him at first, he could see it in her eyes and in the way she was looking at him with such carefulness. he smiled at her, hoping that maybe she will remember who he was – he didn’t know why it felt like that was very important. they were never exactly friends; they hung out and talked every now and then and he always found himself somehow fascinated by her, but they were both too busy with their own lives back then. but then she looked at him and he saw recognition in her eyes which made him smile a bit wider. ”yeah, I figured,” he replied to her words and shrugged like it wouldn’t even matter. it was odd: it felt like it mattered. it was important to him and he had no idea why. it didn’t happen often to him.

”I was actually gone too. after college… well, I didn’t visit often,” he admitted with a smirk on his face. some people would feel bad about that, but he promised to himself back then that his life will be great and it didn’t feel like he could achieve that greatness in his hometown. besides, he was always proud of the fact that he cut all his ties and went traveling. he was able to see the world and he learned a lot. ”and emma… well, honestly, I have no idea. I think she is doing pretty well, though,” he added. emma was his first wife. his high school sweetheart and they got married because it felt right. a lot of things that felt right back then turned out not so well. but he was still on friendly terms with emma – even though he didn’t see her in a long time. ”and I heard about you and leo, so I am not even going to ask,” he smiled at her. it was a polite remark. ”but anyway, I am doing very well,  thank you. I’m a professor now. I would still be at oxford, but dad had an accident and I returned to be here for mum,” he explained, even though she didn’t exactly ask. he smiled at her. ”honestly, you are the last person I expected to see here.” he had to grin. ”did you find that handsome fellow you talked about so much in the kindergarten yet?” he was teasing her now, but it felt… okay, somehow. besides, he was curious.

victor a. olivera
victor a. olivera
university professor
university professor

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by grace v. daniels Ned Jan 19, 2014 8:09 pm

beach Dfg

it never occurred to her these sorts of random meetings will become a frequent thing in the next few weeks. oceanside wasn’t a metropolis. people you know, or once knew in her case, were all around. you could just run across the street to get the newspaper for the day. and someone you know will be right next to the newspapers stand. you will have to say hello and you will have to be polite. because people don’t think of you too highly and aren’t too fond of you since you broke someone’s heart for no reason whatsoever. this meeting right here, this coincidence was just the first one. ‘’oh, I see. where did you go?’’ she asked without thinking twice. the next piece of news surprised her, which was probably evident in the way her mouth parted and how she stared back at him. emma and he didn’t make it? oh.

she knew emma better than she knew him but on occasion they all hung out together. even went to a double date once. it was ages ago, ages. more than a decade even. ‘’I am sorry to hear that. I always thought you two were great together,’’ perhaps it was the polite thing to say. she added a small smile and then only nodded slightly at the mention of leo. she actually hadn’t talked to him since they divorced. she wrote him an e-mail when they had to deal with papers. ‘’it was a long time ago. and we don’t… really talk. we haven’t talked since I left,’’ she added and bit down on her lip. he probably hated her, or maybe not since so many time has gone by.

‘’a professor? sounds… amazing. well, we all knew you were going places,’’ she gave him a wide bright smile. it pleased her too see he succeeded in life. she hoped leo did too. heck, she hoped everyone did. ‘’I’m sorry to hear for your dad,’’ without thinking twice her hand landed on his shoulder, giving him a gentle comforting squeeze. her parents were still alive (more or less) and kicking (more or less). no matter the bad terms they were on, she was glad they were healthy (yes, more or less). ‘’I can’t believe you remember that,’’ she laughed at the mention of her daydreams in kindergarten: ‘’I was actually thinking about that two or three years ago. I was in athens at the time, right on the acropolis. and you, um, it just… came to mind.’’

grace v. daniels
grace v. daniels
tourist guide
tourist guide

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by victor a. olivera Ned Jan 19, 2014 8:29 pm

he shrugged. ”everywhere,” he reported and then smiled because the list of all the places he saw was too long. ”at first I was traveling here, in the states. sometimes it was just short weekend trips and other times I stayed for longer. but then I got that desire to see more of the world so I went to europe. I saw some of asia too,” he explained. ”also australia. I always wanted to go to africa, but so far I wasn’t able to, so you know, hopefully one day,” he smiled, even though he was determined to travel some more. for now he was stuck, but he didn’t plan on staying forever. he looked at her and he noticed she was somehow surprised by his words. was that a good moment to add that he was married twice after that? probably not. people usually didn’t think too highly of him when he mentioned that, but he was honestly trying. ”well, it didn’t work out,” he stated and just nodded when she mentioned leo.

her words almost made him chuckle. ”going places? well, I don’t know about that. but I really like it, you know?” he beamed. he really loved his job. but the mention of his dad was more serious. ”he is in comma. it’s… bad,” he sighed and gladly accepted her next words as a change of topic which was more than welcome. ”of course I remember,” he replied and offered her a smile. ”it is the only thing I actually remember from back there. god, you were adorable,” he acknowledged because it was safe to say that. ”so… are you back for good?” he wondered and titled his head a little, hoping she would say yes for some reason.

victor a. olivera
victor a. olivera
university professor
university professor

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by grace v. daniels Tor Jan 21, 2014 4:51 am

beach Dfg

everywhere’ was a really vague word, she suddenly decided. under any other circumstances the word would grant solid satisfaction. but right now, she wanted to know more. he was always smart as hell. they never had any classes together as he was a little older than her, but she knew it. heck, everyone knew it. it was good to know people from her hometown made it. they succeeded out there in the world. ‘’you sound like me,’’ she laughed when she finally got the full itinerary. he travelled the world, she probably travelled more but… still. ‘’africa is amazing. madagascar. the ivory coast…’’ her voice trailed off, it would be so easy to get lost in memories of travelling. but for some reason she never discussed her voyages with anyone. perhaps it was a matter of habit – she travelled alone and there never was anyone to talk to about this things.

with a nod she concluded the topic of his ex-wife. it was obvious it was not something he wanted to discuss in details. she could relate. maybe she never loved leo and maybe the divorce was her choice, but she did care about him and talking about her only marriage only brought guilt and grief to the surface. ‘’it’s always great to be passionate about your job. you seem to be. students must adore you,’’ she wasn’t simply throwing compliments around, she honestly believed that. especially female students, but that was a minor point.

‘’I had a dream,’’ she shrugged, which was her answer to the whole kindergarten thing. she actually said those words only once – shared her dream future – and it was then with him. it was amazing he even remembered. ‘’I had pigtails. and pink flowery dresses. of course I was adorable,’’ she laughed it away even if it did please her to some extent he found her scruffy four year old self adorable. ‘’to tell you the truth… it certainly was in my intentions to stay here. settle down, I guess. but I’m not sure I can actually do it. it hasn’t even been two weeks and I’m already wandering around here on the beach, looking for a way out,’’ her explanation made sense. yet it was obvious she was torn between two wants. because a part of her wanted to see whatever else there was yet to see, the other one wanted someone there with her. but how to find someone to love when you don't have the slightest clue what love feels like?
grace v. daniels
grace v. daniels
tourist guide
tourist guide

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by victor a. olivera Tor Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

he smiled gently at her. ”really? well, travelling is perfect,” he shrugged. besides, she didn’t even say it like it was a bad thing so he really couldn’t complain. she got his full attention in matter of seconds when she mentioned africa. it sounded amazing and he nodded. ”you really love to travel, don’t you?” he smiled. ”I can almost swear there is a sparkle in your eyes when you talk about it. it’s hard to find people like you in this town.” everyone was way too busy with their lives and no one really cared about seeing the world and all that. it was really disappointing sometimes, but he wasn’t able to change them and so he stopped trying ages ago. he grinned. ”it’s not hard to love my job. and I don’t know. we get along well, I guess?” he chuckled because he never thought about what his students thought about him. it wasn’t the most important thing anyway.

”yeah, what was up with those pigtails? I swear that every memory I have of you when you were less than eight years old includes those pigtails,” he grinned, obviously not too serious anyway. it was small talk, right? besides, he was weirdly relaxed next to her – it felt like all the tension was gone and he could breathe normally again. maybe he could even write! he looked at her, his eyes carefully researching her face as she spoke. ”I think you can do whatever you set your mind to,” he said quietly because he wasn’t even sure if that was an appropriate thing to say. ”but from what I’ve learned, you have to find something worth staying for. otherwise you will always just want to run away,” he said, his eyes looking at the ocean now too.

victor a. olivera
victor a. olivera
university professor
university professor

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Objavlja by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Nazaj na vrh Go down

Nazaj na vrh